Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Wedding planner
I don't know how many of you were at David's wedding and I have no idea who planned David's wedding. But I know for a fact that they did not spend as much time on the ceremony as they did on the bridesmaid dresses, colors, flowers, decorations, food, refreshments, the reception, the music, etc etc. I have no idea what the colors were, but I knew that I was supposed to have a goatee, and black cowboy boots. Tux was provided. The day was like any typical wedding day, the low whispers, the subdued laughing while participating in the usual preparations. All of the groomsman were preparing in the bathroom just off the foyer. When the time came we all lined up preparing to enter the chapel. I was excited for my brother, and impressed with how well we all looked. We got to the front of the chapel and everyone got in their proper position for the ceremony. The music began and the bride walked down the isle. The Bishop began the ceremony by announcing that we would start with an opening prayer. And I see this look come across David's face. I unsuspectingly made eye contact with him and all of a sudden he looks at me and says, "Brent go say the opening prayer". I had no idea how you open a wedding ceremony!! (bless the food, nourish our bodies, I mean come on) I was so mad. but the fear I felt overpowered any anger and somehow my feet took me up the steps to the pulpit and I mumbled some sort of blessing on the day. I never did pay David back for that moment, but every time I brought it up he sure had a good laugh. I don't know if he knew I would do anything for him or if he just liked to watch me squirm, but that was my Brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment