Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dave, I'm gonna miss ya!

Great stories everyone. Brent, this was a great idea! As I read through all of these stories and reminisce on all the good times we all had with Dave, my heart aches to be able to just hang out with Dave one more time. I will cherish these memories forever. As I read through this blog, I can't help but just stare at that picture of Dave and his family. What a beautiful family! Last summer we had Dave and his family, along with some other friends, over to our house for a barbecue one evening. I am so glad we did that. It was an awesome evening. The kids all played together in the yard and all the adults had some great conversation. We even made it out to the driveway to shoot some hoops, where once again, I don't think Dave missed a shot. We made plans that night to get our families together more often. Time got away from us. I'm glad we had that night. Dave, you were an awesome friend! I'm gonna miss you!

3 comments:

Marty said...

We should get together more often with our families and have a BBQ. So, Brad when's the next one?

atch said...

Well said Brad. Scooter was also talking about the summer party and recommended the same thing this summer to honor Dave. A great idea. He will be in town late June thru mid July. Let's all get together again, continue to share memories and trash your plush house.

smitee said...

I'm thinking we should have a Dave Coburn day. Golfing in the morning, lunch/dinner, then an evening of B-ball and trash talking.