Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BitterSweet....


As mentioned at the service, Dave's town should more appropriately be called BitterSweet. It is still hard to believe the tragedy that has hit that town.

A few of us had joked with Dave when he moved to Emmett and then Sweet, saying "why would you want to do that?" Well first off, I dont have too much room to talk as I moved to the far reaches of Star, and do really like it. More importantly, however, is now that I have been there...Wow, what a beautiful place. I can see why Dave and Emily moved there.

A few of us (Smiths, Nelsons, Atchleys) took a trip up to Sweet over the weekend in honor of Dave and his girls. We spent some time at the cemetary and drove into town. It was really special to get a better feel for the community and seeing all the signs of love pouring out to the Coburn family. It made me again think of all the friends Dave and Emily and family have all over the valley and how many they have reached out to. It was a neat time to reflect on all the good times we have had through the years. If you haven't been up there, I highly recommend a trip.

1 comment:

Aaron Dittman said...

Hey Steve,
I've actually hunted out there quite a few times and that whole area fit Dave to a tee. Dave always talked about owning some land in an area like that and I'm glad he had the opportunity to do so.