Monday, May 26, 2008

Rodeos and Cows...

If any of you were at the service, you heard Dave's brother, Hal, mention how he turned cowboy, and wondered when that happened. I think it was near the time I met Dave, and we had a lot of firsts together...we went to our first country concert with some girls on the BYU track team up to Utah State. I think it's the first time I bough Wranglers. One of the girls, Brooke Stanton, has a brother Vince that a few years back was one of the top bull riders in the PBR.
Anyway, yesterday I was at my nephew's High School District rodeo in Caldwell, and Hal was the announcer. Prior the the start, all of the participants released balloons into the air in memory of Dave and the girls...just thought you'd like to know that many around are doing what they can to honor and remember them.

3 comments:

atch said...

That is really cool Jim. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your timing on Dave turning Cowboy, that is when I remember as well. Those darn John Wayne movies and all......

Dennis and Jennifer said...

This is David's sister Jennifer. How can family get added to post stories on this blog?

Brad Dildine said...

Jennifer, just send them a link to this site and have them log in. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to call me at 208-371-9100.