Dave and I went to Provo to visit my now wife and Dave was visiting one of the Belnap sisters in Salt Lake. Pretty sure Derin was in love with her at the time but was too busy playing "tip-in, horse, 21 and jam ball to do anything about it) We drove down there with Ryan Christensen who was visiting another of the Belnap sisters when Ryan got pulled over for speeding. Ryan get's a ticket while Dave's finishing his banana. As the policeman is walking back to his car Dave chucks his banana peel out the window and Ryan starts to leave. The cop turns his lights on and Ryan stops about 50 ft from where he was pulled over. Cop tells him his passenger needs to go back and pick up his banana peel. So Dave and the cop start discussing the finer points of biodegradable food. After the discussion, Dave had to walk back and pick up the peel before launching it out the window once again once we were out of view.
I still think Dave was right. However, basically dropping the peel on the officers shoes was probably a matter of poor timing.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aaron, I was there too. I can totally remember when he did that and my jaw dropped thinking, what the heck is he doing. that quote "But it's biodegradable officer" cracks me up.
Yeah, we had a carful didn't we. I actually think of that all the time when I throw banana peels out the window. I keep waiting to get pulled over and tell him that Dave said it was o.k.
When you coming to town?
C'mon Aaron, tearing down 9 foot rims is way more important than finding an eternal companion. That's a hilarious story about the banana peel. I can just see Dave's "I've never done anything wrong in my life" face as he negotiated with the cop. I'm surprised Scooter didn't ambush him from behind with one of those freakish headlocks.
Post a Comment