Tuesday, May 20, 2008
B-ball
I enjoyed the statesman article today that highlighted Dave's bball antics in high school. A few of us had a great time playing bball with dave just a few weeks ago. It brought back a lot of great memories. He still had the jumper you couldn't block and that night he didn't miss, it was frustrating to us on the other team :) It is a great memory to have as he brought his girls with him as well. Kaitlyn dribbled the ball around, Ellie followed after big sister and Taylor just sacked out. We played till 11:30 that night. I will always remember that night, Dave with his girls and how close they were to each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"born to sit on the bench" brings back fond memories. Dave, Todd, and Duane took pride in drinking the water that was meant for me since I was the one working my butt off on the court. I guess they needed to drink the water since they were eating popcorn on the end of the bench during the game. Oh the memories of Fast Eddie coaching the JV team. "We don't want excuses...we want results" will always be a phrase that brings me back to the good old b-ball days.
Sorry for drinking your water Brett, what were we supposed to do, sit there and cheer for you?? I remember coach Ed making fun of my defensive stance, I think he said I looked like spiderman. I remember some mighty battles between the 19th and 20th ward basketball teams too. Most often, I remember losing, but it was fun. I think Kyle Cleverly told me they combined the 19th and 20th wards, that doesn't seem right. I feel lousy it takes something like this to make contact with old friends from Boise.
yeah the 19th and 20th wards were once together back in the early 70s they say. Glad they are back together. We did have some great b-ball games between the two. At times those wards could have almost taken on the HS teams.
One of my favorite memories of Dave was playing basketball at the Goddard building with him and everyone. Sometimes we’d be playing well into the next morning.
I can always remember Dave showing up with his Michel Jordan type forearm-band way before Jordan ever had them and how he wore his T-shirt. He wore it with the side and sleeve cut out, showing off his muscles. Soon everyone was doing that, but never as good as Dave did.
He had a great smile and is always happy, even now I’m sure he’s taken care of all those both he on earth and in heaven.
Post a Comment