Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Madness

It's been awhile...We are still thinking of you Dave.

Dave loved basketball and really loved this time of year with the March Madness. When the games would come to Boise, Dave would use creative ways to get tickets and great seats the games.

Back in '01 he found us four tickets for the games and they were the last row on the lower level behind the bucket, or so we were told. Then we show up and find out they were temporary seating and wheelchairs, etc had moved in, leaving us no where to sit. So when I get there, I see Dave negotiating with the usher and carefully explaining our plight. In about 5 minutes time he had negotiated seats for all four games that day ranging from first row right under the basket to 5 rows up and mid court. We were very pleased to say the least. That was the best day of basketball and won't be topped. All games went down to the wire, and we enjoyed them all from Dave's seats. Great memories..it was an awesome day.

1 comment:

Brad Dildine said...

I remember a similar situation, only I think it was at a State High School Championship game down at the Pavillion. Somehow we ended up finding seats open at the scorers table right there on the court. Dave always seemed to make things just a little bit more exciting! I still think about you all the time Dave. You were an awesome friend!